Saturday, July 25, 2009

How long does it take for an impacted canine to come in position after the orthodontist put the gold chain on?

I am about to see an orthodontist in a couple of weeks to correct my impacted canine into position. I am so eager to know how long it take for the tooth to eruot into position after the gold chain is placed. Is it a slow process? Man I am so tired of walking around with a big gap in my mouth. I am hoping it is going to take few days. If few months, I probably kill myself. Life isn't fair after all.

How long does it take for an impacted canine to come in position after the orthodontist put the gold chain on?
It would be impossible to say how long it will take to erupt without viewing an x ray or giving an exam, but it does take longer than a few days. The eruption process depends on several factors; age, bone density, where the tooth is, force used and space available. It most cases it takes several months or longer to bring it into the correct position, but once the tooth starts moving it usually comes in fairly quickly. You mentioned having an open space for the tooth; that's good, because it will save time creating the space, one less step involved in pulling it down. Life may not seem fair, but it could always be worse. At least you have a tooth to bring in, some don't have a tooth there at all. So be thankful, it could always be worse. Be sure to keep all of your appointments so steady pressure to this tooth is applied at all times. Good luck with your ortho treatment.
Reply:Glad I could be of help, good luck with your ortho and keep them clean so you will have a beautiful smile when this is all over. Report It




accessories

No comments:

Post a Comment